We all make mistakes. At least, that’s what I tell people to help them feel better when they do something dumb. I usually make three to seven hundred mistakes a day, but most of them are relatively manageable. They make my day interesting and also give me something to think about at night when I’m trying to fall asleep. In an effort to stop repeating them (yeah right, this is purely for entertainment purposes), I’m going to begin compiling a few of these embarrassing but minor errors.
Tiny Mistakes of Last Week:
- Microwaved black beans in a metal strainer, causing sparks and a strong lingering taste of burnt steel
- Burned my fingers picking up a pot before remembering that fire makes things hot
- Slipped on the escalator at the Metro and snapped my metro card in half
- Didn’t speed up fast enough when running from some virtual zombies and lost some crucial supplies for my virtual township
- Forgot to stop talking to a coworker before inappropriate things started coming out of my mouth
- Exploded my oatmeal all over in an ill-timed cooking disaster (not quite as badly as the time I dropped a bowl of oatmeal muffin batter on the ground and managed to cover two walls, the ceiling, the kitchen counter, the dining room table, my face, and Dave’s feet in oatmeal remnants, so I’m giving myself a pass on this one)
Most of these errors are food-based. I don’t think that’s because I make more mistakes regarding food, but just that I think about eating a lot. Like, really a lot.