I’m not feeling entirely free from the burdens of my messy week, but I promised myself I’d write about some happiness-inducing things and, damn it, I’m going to do it. Allons-y.
- When ducks look for something to eat in the water and their little duck butts stick out
- When you buy a bunch of stuff and it rings up to an even dollar amount
- Getting to the end of the day and having a fully checked off to do list (this has never happened to me, but in my imagination it is a moment marked by fireworks and doves)
- When you feel rockin’ in an outfit, even though you probably look the same as you did a few weeks ago after you put it on and felt like a giant gummi bear (note: this means you are always rockin’ and just sometimes can’t see it)
- Walking down the escalator at the Metro and getting right on a train, instead of waiting on the platform
- Reading a line in a book that hits you in the gut and makes you remember there are other people who have felt exactly how you’re feeling
- Jokes about animals and space, like this killer:
Why was the otter studying astrophysics?
Because he wanted to go to otter space.
Yeah, I made that up. What about it? I could be employed at a popsicle company or a gum wrapper manufacturer.