My path to baking started because I wanted to eat a lot of treats but couldn’t find good ones to buy. Since then, I’ve made some great stuff but also have forgotten to put sugar in a chocolate cake. Definitely avoid that, if you can. I rarely use a recipe because I don’t like being told what to do, so it’s usually a go big or go home kind of situation.
I made a pretty delicious apple crumble last weekend, so I thought I’d share the recipe with you guys. Here it is:
- Find a few apples that you left in your fruit basket for too long. Cut them into tiny pieces (don’t worry about peeling them, that’s for suckers).
- Make sure there aren’t any seeds or pieces of core still in there. If there are, take them out.
- Put those tiny apple pieces in a bowl.
- Remember that you didn’t turn the oven on and turn it on now. Leave it at 350 degrees, since that’s the automatic temperature and it’s probably fine.
- Pour some brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg on the apples and mix it up. Don’t worry about measurements, just do what you think will be delicious.
- Put that mixture in a pie dish.
- Pour some oatmeal in the same bowl (it’s important to use the fewest number of dishes possible).
- Add some sugar and vegetable oil. Mix that up.
- Spread the sugared oatmeal on top of the sugared apples.
- Put the dish in the oven without oven mitts because you’re super tough.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Check on it and discover that it is definitely not done. Bake for 40 more minutes, checking intermittently and hoping the oatmeal will cook more.
- Realize you didn’t use enough oil. Decide you will eat it with some almond milk and take it out of the oven. Use oven mitts this time, because you aren’t that tough.
- Enjoy it while watching your favorite characters kill some zombies.
I hope you guys will try it!